DAUGHTER

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Quiz Fun

Ok, so I took an online quiz to determine what my perfect major is.
Here are my results:

You scored as Anthropology. You should be an Anthropology major!

Anthropology

92%

Journalism

83%

Sociology

83%

Psychology

75%

Linguistics

75%

Engineering

75%

Philosophy

67%

English

67%

Mathematics

67%

Theater

58%

Biology

58%

Dance

50%

Chemistry

42%

Art

33%

What is your Perfect Major? (PLEASE RATE ME!!<3)
created with QuizFarm.com


Where, oh where, is economics on this list??? I am not sure this quiz even has it as an option. After getting a BA and an MA in economics and a Ph.D. in environmental economics, I would like to see it somewhere on the list! One thing the quiz got right...I am definitely fascinated by human behavior, and I am definitely a somewhat analytical person. That's how I got into economics...I am fascinated by how people make choices that affect their economic and environmental welfare and the welfare of future generations. Sometimes when I think I might ditch academia, or get thrown out, I think about alternative careers. So, here goes:

Top 3 Advanced Degrees I would have considered:
1. Public Health / Epidemiology
2. Medicine
3. Statistics

Top 4 Daydream Careers:
1. Biostatistican/Epidemiologist
(I'm fascinated by why disease does or doesn't occur).

2. Medical Doctor
(I probably have seen too much of ER, House, and Grey's Anatomy. Beautiful brainy men everywhere!).

3. Forensic Scientist
(Probably too much CSI).

4. Massage Therapist
(My previous massage therapist referred to me as a "table sl*t". I am convinced getting a massage is one of the nicest things you can do for yourself.)

Top 4 Careers I would totally suck at:
1. Physicist
(What's torque again? I must have missed that while I was busy getting a C in "Physics for Morons")

2. Artist
(Cool and gutsy career choice, but I've no talent in that area. I got Cs in elementary school art).

3. Financial Analyst
(Yes, I could do it. But I would hate it. Yawn! No offense to anyone...just not my thing).

4. Professional Athlete
(Being able to drive a stick is my idea of coordination. The only reason I like fencing is because I get to poke people).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home