DAUGHTER

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

SchnauzerKing says thanks

Those of you familiar with the Schnauzer breed know that these dogs are very expressive, both verbally and physically. So it may not be all that fitting that I call myself the SchnauzerKing since I really don't fit this mold. My posts, as pointed out earlier by the Redheaded Chick, have been few and far between. However, I felt it appropriate to post one last time on here to say thanks.

First, I'd like to thank all the little people in my life that allowed me to win this award. I could have done it without you, but thanks anyway. Ooops, sorry, that's my Oscar speech.

In reality, it's been a real treat (and at time wondrous) to see the outpouring of support for Tammy and I during our adoption adventure. The blogging community is just incredible. It was truly amazing to see the Chick approached in China by "strangers" who congratulated her and thanked her for her blog. Thanks to all the online friends.

Our friends and family certainly deserve a huge round of applause for their unending support, patience, and understanding during the last couple of years. We know we haven't always been that easy to be around during our high stress/frustration days. Thanks for sticking in there.

One of my many faults is that I don't offer enough thanks, publicly or privately, to my beautiful wife for everything she does. So last, but most importantly, I'd like to thank her for establishing and maintaining this blog. I can't count the many times I've checked the blog and laughed out loud at the posts, many of which were making fun of SK himself! I'll also admit that sometimes I've teared up at reading about the frustration she experienced. But it's always been an interesting and insightful site to visit. Thanks RHC, though one adventure is over, a more exciting one awaits and I can't think of anyone else I'd rather experience it with.

SK

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

::: sniff :::

Who knew SK could make a grown woman shed tears? I just wanted to let you (both) know how fortunate we were to have friends like you during the wait. I remember meeting you @ the Children's Museum thinking how cool you guys were.

It pained me that you had to wait so long after us. Here we are two years later, all complete with our kids, and life could not be better. Here's to many years (and pomegranate martini's) ahead watching the girls grow...

12:10 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

AWWWWW aren't you a sweetie!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

What a Great Post...
You have a Adorable daughter and I am sooo happy for you both...
Have a Wonderful Evening..
I hope to follow your journey further...
Happy Halloween..
Kim

10:32 PM  
Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

Swoon. Let's just say there was no TV watching in our house last night.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home